Letting Go Of The Year Gone By
On this day, the first one of this year
From my eye there sheds a single tear
A tear for all the memories from the days now past
Those days we knew just never would last
On this day exactly one year ago
We had our fun but we didnt know
The challenges we'd face on the road up ahead
There are so many things that were left unsaid
I miss that day when we were all friends
No fights, no problems, no unforseen ends
Through this past year it's quite a battle
Like rowing a boat up river without a paddle
Friends have left here and moved far away
Which leaves me with little reason to stay
Why hold on when everyone has let go
Why keep something together thats falling apart
Well the whole reason why I still hang on
The whole reason I still care when everyone is gone
Is cause there was something worthwhile on that weekend back then
And I want to put it all back together again
The pieces of this puzzle may be scattered abroad
But someday they'll come together like peas in a pod
The more I remember the less I forget, who we were and what we did
Then my thoughts reflect back to when I was a kid
Back when life was all about having fun
And playing outside for hours in the sun
Life was so simple yet we were not aware
Of any problems because they simply weren't there
None of this confusion in decisions you make
None of the anguish from making mistakes
We used to be so innocent, careless and Free
Now I long for those things that used to be
But then my thoughts suddenly change
Which to me seemed a little strange
I looked forward to the posibilities of tomorrow
And saw what courage I could borrow
To go forward along this path I've feared to take
To finally make the decisions I never did make
I have to leave the past behind
So I can go forward and finally find
Just what it is I'm looking for
So here I am walking through that door
Not really knowing what I'm doing or where I'm headed
But now I can move on from the past and not forget it
And so now my life moves on....
By: Chris Bulger
From my eye there sheds a single tear
A tear for all the memories from the days now past
Those days we knew just never would last
On this day exactly one year ago
We had our fun but we didnt know
The challenges we'd face on the road up ahead
There are so many things that were left unsaid
I miss that day when we were all friends
No fights, no problems, no unforseen ends
Through this past year it's quite a battle
Like rowing a boat up river without a paddle
Friends have left here and moved far away
Which leaves me with little reason to stay
Why hold on when everyone has let go
Why keep something together thats falling apart
Well the whole reason why I still hang on
The whole reason I still care when everyone is gone
Is cause there was something worthwhile on that weekend back then
And I want to put it all back together again
The pieces of this puzzle may be scattered abroad
But someday they'll come together like peas in a pod
The more I remember the less I forget, who we were and what we did
Then my thoughts reflect back to when I was a kid
Back when life was all about having fun
And playing outside for hours in the sun
Life was so simple yet we were not aware
Of any problems because they simply weren't there
None of this confusion in decisions you make
None of the anguish from making mistakes
We used to be so innocent, careless and Free
Now I long for those things that used to be
But then my thoughts suddenly change
Which to me seemed a little strange
I looked forward to the posibilities of tomorrow
And saw what courage I could borrow
To go forward along this path I've feared to take
To finally make the decisions I never did make
I have to leave the past behind
So I can go forward and finally find
Just what it is I'm looking for
So here I am walking through that door
Not really knowing what I'm doing or where I'm headed
But now I can move on from the past and not forget it
And so now my life moves on....
By: Chris Bulger


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home