Friday, January 13, 2012

I'd Rather Read People Than Books

I'd Rather Read People Than Books

I tend to read people more than I read books

There's a lot more to them than their appearance and looks

I like reading into the things that they say

Or the things that they show you in some other way

The thoughts of another have always intrigued me

What could they be thinking about so freely

How much is guarded, kept silent and unspoken

And how much of what's said has been chipped or broken

If only we heard the thoughts as a whole

The words and the thoughts that come from the soul

Before they were encrypted and cleverly crafted

To prevent us from knowing what was originally drafted

Why do we hide the way that we feel

Why don't we show and say what is real

Maybe we don't because we want to be unique

Or we don't want to hear someone else's critique

Whatever the reason you can keep it from me

Because I'd rather it be kept as a mystery

By: Chris Bulger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home