Wednesday, April 19, 2006

There's Never Enough Time To Wait For The Perfect Time

Today I was talking to a fellow employee in the kitchen I work in and we got in this big discussion about life and waiting for the perfect time to live it. It all started with me talking about how I was proabably going to travel across Canada at the end of this summer.
So anyways we got talking about all these people who want to get the perfect job and save a lot of money and then start a family. I don't know what they're thinking they got it all backwards, You can't prepare yourself for life it just happens. If you sit around trying to set it up, life is going to be that clumsy guy who comes along and knocks it all down. So why bother planning to live your life and live it already cause whether you notice it or not you life is slowly slipping by you gaining speed with every year that passes. This calls for some kind of motivational and or thought provoking poem.


Waiting For The Perfect Time

When is the perfect time to reveal,
Your deepest thoughts on your mind,
To live out your dreams through each day,
Through simple treasures you may find.

Why is it that when life is going good,
It swiftly turns things around,
And trips you on the path ahead,
Leaving you alone on the ground.

What should I be looking for,
To make my life complete.
Should I stay and live my life,
Or should I just retreat.

Why can't I just figure out,
Whats each day is for.
I'm swimming in this ocean,
And never reaching shore.

Who will be the one I love,
And be with for everday of my life.
Who is this person I do not know yet,
A pefect stranger who I'll someday call wife.

How will I know the pefect time,
To say things I feel deep inside.
The truth is no one knows the pefect time,
There's just no answer I can provide.

So live life one day at a time,
Doing whatever you will,
And sooner or later you'll figure out,
That life is quite a thrill.

By Chris Bulger

Ok so there you have it a poem how do you like them apples! All I have to say is life is to short to worry whats next so just enjoy it and do what you can to make it the best don't hesitate
just jumping in and letting you life begin. Cause whether you want to live life or not it's going to keep moving on whether you control it or not. So your better off being in control so at least you'll accomplish what you want in life.

Anyways I thought I'd just write that little thought for something to think about. Hopefully it makes sense I don't do so well with thinking at 4 in the morning. Enjoy!

11 Comments:

At 12:38 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

Ummm I've never really disagreed with you Chris. Except for maybe when it comes to caffeinated drinks/coke... I see what you're saying, but sometimes in life you need to plan things. Some of the most successful people (wealthy or not) get to where they are because they have good planning and time management skills. Preparing yourself is extremely important. After all that is the scouts moto, "Be Prepared". And I know you were a scout because we had that competition where we held outrselves up of that bar (chin-up style) for like a minute and a half! Yes, life does come along and knock over your dominos, but you always have to pick them up and keep trying. I see what you're saying though and don't think you totally meant it the way I was probably reading it. But even the Lord asks us to prepare ourselves for his second coming. The Prophet asks us to get as much education as we can, which is also preparing ourselves. Saving money was the best thing I've ever done and have never regretted it... that's because I prepared a plan and spent my money wisely (or what I thought to be wisely) and still had tons of fun in the meantime. An example of how planning would be helpful in your life is this: say you go out on a date with a girl with no plans. you try and think of stuff to do, but then you get bored and you end up doing nothnig and possibly getting into trouble. Now if you have a plan in place, you have something to work towards and then you can add in your spontaneity as you go along. But having a basic plan is essential. Darn it I have a bunch more things to say but I have to go. Maybe I'll post a second comment. Bye bye for now. Dustin

 
At 12:29 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

Oh ya michelnelson26356570?! Well you owe it to YOUR future to SHUT UP and never post on here again cuz I'll kill you!
You know what the MBA and PHD degrees stand for? THIS!:
Michelnelson26356570 Better Avoid Posting Here Dangit... or he's a GONER!
Haha, I would never kill anyone. But I'm pretty sure ads on blogs are stupid.

Hey Chris, I'm glad we talked about this blog and my previous comment. It's all straightened out now! I know what'chya mean. But I really gotta go... I have eating to do.

So Long!

Dustin

 
At 12:41 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

POST!

Something Fancy.

Dust.

 
At 8:00 pm, Blogger The Tricky Taco said...

Haha ok I think I have something up my sleeve that may just do the trick you shall see a post by the end of this week. Just cause you asked so nicely.

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger dustpear2 said...

excellent.

now could I trouble you for some fruit snacks?

thank you.

dustin

 
At 12:45 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

A longer COMMENT would be nice TOO, Cookie. (jk)

I always post long ones! It's my turn for a short one.

Good Day.

p.s. we need to find a way to Palmyra.

dtp.

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger The Tricky Taco said...

Ya I dunno I cant find a ride either so I guess we cant go...
Well that sucks cause I really wanted to go I haven't been to a conference in forever. Oh well I guess its just my luck none the less we can still have a sweet weekend may I suggest Camping for starters. Something for ya to think about. Ta Ta For now.

Topher

 
At 1:17 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

Still no post?!

And where were you all weekend?

That sucks we couldn't go to Palmyra... I'm really in need of a conference.

So, Wonderland on saturday? You there? I have your pass.

Sweet. ttyl, Dustimo.

 
At 6:52 pm, Blogger The Tricky Taco said...

Dude where were you all weekend cause I was here phoning around to find you guys all weekend, anyways wonderland sounds good for saturday so I guess we just got to communicate a little better this weekend. Well Alright then I'll ttyl.

 
At 6:19 pm, Blogger dustpear2 said...

I got a cell phone.

705-791-6640

Our communication has been upgraded and enhanced.

Perfect.

Dustin

p.s. what's your cell # again?

...321-1193?

 
At 8:35 pm, Blogger The Tricky Taco said...

yup its that number, and thats
sweet we needed a third link in our cell phone chain cause no one can ever seem to find you. Anyways Here's to upgraded communication! See ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home